Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bag in a Box and Onine Ordering

Well, I know some of you have been waiting forever for instructions for the bag in a box that we made at the CJ's Bus crop. I'm SO sorry, but life just seems to be happening and the days are flying by! So, I apologize that this is not going to be an extensive tutorial -- because that would take another 2 weeks -- but I will give you some basic instructions.


What you need:

1 4x4 piece of cardstock A, scored 3/4" from each edge (this will be the bottom of the box)
1 11x1" piece of cardstock B to cut with the scallop edge punch to go around the bottom of bag
1 4 1/4 x 11" piece of ivory (or white) cardstock (patterned paper can be used here, also)
Scrap of cardstock B to punch 2 tab punches
5" of ribbon


1. Cut into the score line once on each corner (create tabs, don't cut off the squares)
2. Put adhesive on each tab and fold into a box.
3. Punch 1" strip of paper using scallop edge punch


4. Punch 2 tabs out of matching cardstock

5. If using plain cardstock, random stamp images to decorate.

6. Put adhesive on all four sides of box and "wrap" patterned sheet around the box. Seal the seam on the back of the bag.

7. Attach tabs to top of bag and embellish as desired.

Here is a picture of the final product. Please note: using these measurements you can get 9 box bottoms out of one 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock and 2 "bags" out of one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11. The bag can be made taller by cutting the ivory cardstock (or designer paper) bigger, such as 11 x 6 or 11 x 8.



Let me know if you have any questions!



ONLINE ORDERING IS HERE!!
Stampin' Up! has just introduced online ordering. If you visit my Stampin' Up! website -- http://www.2scrappygirls.stampinup.net/ -- you can place an online order, complete with qualifying hostess benefits. Please note however, that if you have a small order, there is a minimum shipping charge. Call me first to see if I can add it on to one of my orders (which I usually can) and save you a few dollars.


I have been stamping a lot this weekend to try to get ahead for my upcoming workshops. In the next couple of days I will post some pictures of what I have been working on!


Have a great day!





No comments: