Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just Some Stuff


Thanks to all the girls who came to my technique class last night. They got to use several things that I am not able to use in regularly monthly card class. We made a card using chipboard -- we covered one piece with cardstock and stamped on it and sponged the frame with sponge daubers -- and stamped with bleach on a really cute box that is sized to hold cards and envelopes. I also pulled out some of the felt flowers that I've been hoarding! And everyone found my house without too much trouble!
Here is a link to the tutorial for the card box. This has all of the dimensions and score marks. This is one of my new favorite things! What a cute gift idea -- a box filled with coordinating cards. I'm feeling a class idea coming on . . .
I'm having another technique class in July. I'm thinking shaving cream for that one. That's definitely something I would not try at Noble Roman's with 15 people! But I'll figure that out later. Right now I have to come up with the 5 cards for this weekends monthly card class! Between that and getting Anna ready to go to New Orleans, I guess had better get busy!
I have the new catalog in my hands as well as the new In Colors. I'm really loving it all! My first impression of the new colors was a good one -- usually I have to get used to them -- and the catalog has some really cute new stuff in it. Unfortunately, I think I will only have one catalog for everyone to see on Sunday, but you can't order from it until July 1 anyway.
I still have plenty of room left on Sunday, so let me know if you want to bring a friend and make some cards. Have a great day!

No comments: