Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Quick Hello

Good Morning Everyone! I'm having a busy week with Arts Smarts camp, so my stamping life is a little neglected. Here is a quick post to show you another of the cards from last months workshop. This card took me FOREVER to finish, but ended up being my favorite. Isn't that how it always goes?!? I'm going to tell you quickly -- and from memory -- what I used on it. The stamp set is a hostess set from the just-retired catalog called God's Beauty. The colors are Blush Blossom, Cameo Coral and Old Olive. I used a background stamp on the olive (I think it's called Sandpaper). The I random-stamped the leaves in Old Olive and the flowers in Cameo Coral on the scalloped circles. The scalloped circles were cut using my Cuttlebug and Nestabilities. Then I stamped the butterfly in Cameo Coral on Blush Blossom and cut it out, which is not my favorite thing to do, but sometimes you just have to! The ticket corner punch and a little sponging on all of the edges and it finally all came together! Hope you like it.

I must go now and wake up my children. That seems SO wrong on a summer morning, but that's what I have to do! I hope you all have a great day!

1 comment:

Sonya Addington said...

This was my favorite card that we made at your workshop. Very beautiful use of color and the stamp set! That's why we love ya!