Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to School!

Things have finally settled into a routine now that school is in full swing. Everyone seems to have settled into their new classes with the exception of little mister "I don't want to get up because I don't even LIKE school!" Okay, so Addison has settled into his 1st grade class, he just hasn't settled into getting up early. I have certainly settled into the home alone routine, but it will probably be short-lived because sooner or later I'm going to have to substitute teach! (I really do have 4 kids, but it seems middle-schoolers are too big to have their pictures taken on the first day of school!)




In the mean time, I have lots of stuff to show you today. First is a picture of Anna and the notebooks that we made for school. (Okay, the picture is mostly of Anna and it's sort of hard to see the notebooks.)But, anyway, she needed 5 composition notebooks and I had a bunch of black and white ones waiting to be altered, so we went to work and this is what we came up with. The paper and embellishments are all non-Stamin' Up! stuff that I had in my stash. She just went through and picked out stuff she liked and then helped me decide what to do with it. Of course one of them had to have Hanna Montana stickers on it. I thought they all turned out cute and she loved them!



This is a picture of the make and take I did at the Southern Indiaian Scrapbook Friends crop this past Saturday. About 17 people made a water bottle hanger and it seemed to be a big hit. It's very simple and a fun way to brighten someone's day! I think I may put together some kits for these. Check back for details. The baby food jar is full of punches in the new "in" colors and the business card holder is something I made Saturday morning because I needed something to put my cards in . . . If only I could get inspired DAYS before I have to be somewhere instead of HOURS before, imagine the possibilities!


I feel the need to say that a lot of my ideas come from a website some of you are familiar with -- Splitcoast Stampers -- and are not necessarily totally original. In fact, some are total copies! But, occasionally I come with an idea of my own, which is the case with the business card holder. That makes me very excited!




For the first 10 people to buy a new catalog, I will include a New Catalog Survival Kit. In the kit you will receive a 10% off coupon good on your first purchase from the catalog along with a wish list, a pen, a color ring with a swatch of each of the new "in" colors and some information on current specials. All of this AND some candy to help you get through the awesome new catalog! So, call me or send me an e-mail and get your copy today! (Catalog cost is $10).


Well, that's about all for today. I need to start trying to figure out what cards we are going to make next weekend at my monthly card workshop. I will post them when I get them made! Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

No comments: