Friday, March 13, 2009

Finally -- Another Card!

Hi everyone! I finally have another day at home to say hi and show you a new card. Last weekend I had a sort of "vacation". I didn't have ANYWHERE I had to be on Friday night or all day Saturday, and I even had the morning off at church so I got to just go and sit in the service. With that and the beautiful weather we had last weekend, it really felt like a vacation. I let the kids have everyone in the neighborhood to play, so we had 10 kids in the backyard for about 3 hours! We used to do that all the time, but just haven't had the free time for a while. It was really fun!

I spent some time organizing my stamp/scrappbook room and unpacking all of my stuff and putting it away, one bag at a time. After dragging stuff around for the last 3 weeks or so, I couldn't find anything and had been working on the dining room table because my desk was so covered up there was no room! So I have moved back in and have finishing the kits I had leftover from last month's workshop.

I am going to try to the "card-a-day" thing that I did a couple of weeks ago, so we'll see how many days in a row I can get to it! Anyway, here's the first one.

These are the supplies:

Stamps: Darling Dots (hostess set)
Ink: Rose Red
Paper: Rose Red, Blush Blossom and Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: square punch, cuttlebug, vanilla taffeta ribbon, big bite


This is a really simple card, but I thought it turned out cute. This stamp set is a level 1 hostess set with 8 stamps. The ones on this card as well as a leaf, a gift, a cupcake and a ladybug. (You'll get to see the ladybug on another card later in the weekend.) This is the first time I had used the embossing border strips with the cuttlebug. I really like how it just adds a little something to the blank spot on the card. I used the big bite to punch a hole right behind the large square to loop the ribbon through. That saves a lot of ribbon!


I'm off to call Noble Roman's to try to change the date for my workshop (the one I haven't announced yet!). I was planning to have it the weekend at the end of spring break, but some wonderful friends of ours have invited us to go to Alabama to the beach with them for spring break, so I won't be here! We are all so excited! One thing about having 4 kids -- you don't often get invited to go ANYWHERE with other people, let alone on vacation!! So I will let you all know as soon as I get the date changed.



Have a great weekend!

No comments: