Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Top Note Die card from Vacation


Please don't hate me, but I can't resist showing you a couple of beach pictures. We are in Fort Morgan, Alabama, which is at the end of the peninsula west of Gulf Shores. We are in a remote "subdivision" of beach houses and are sharing the beach with about 10 other people (spaced out along a really long stretch of beach)! The kids have been playing outside and digging in the sand and building sand castles the whole time we've been here. It might rain later today and tomorrow, but we are enjoying every minute we can.

Yesterday the adults all went inside for about 30 minutes and when we went back out the kids had dug about a 6 foot deep hole in the sand. Well, needless to say, I freaked out. I did take a picture before I made them fill it partially back in, though. I felt bad because they were so excited, but I really didn't want to be the tragic "sand collapses on small child" vacation story on the 6:00 news!

I did have a small tragedy yesterday -- my cell phone jumped out of my pocket and went for a swim in the ocean. I had it in my jacket pocket and when I leaned over to pick up a shell that phone jumped right into a wave. I reached for it just as the wave went back out so it was REALLY under the water and the sand. I got it all dried out and it works, but it is on constant vibrate. So, I will probably have to bury it when I get home. But hey, what's a vacation without a good "swimming phone" story!?!


Since we have internet access at the beach house we're staying at, I thought I would go ahead and post a card for you! This was one of my favorites from last month's workshop. I used the Top Note die to make a bunch of frames for an event at church last month (I may have shown them to you -- I can't remember). As a result, I had to come up with a card using the red cutout. I just love white embossing on red cardstock, so here it is. The ladybug was the obvious addition to make the card complete.


Since I'm not at home, I can't look at the names of the stamp sets, but I know the little "swirly" is from an older retired set (maybe an SAB set from last year). The ladybug is from a level 1 hostess set in the new catalog -- something dots. If you need to know for sure, I can find out when I get home and let you know. Anyway, I used VersaMark and white embossing powder for the "swirlies" on Real Red cardstock. The ladybug is colored using the Real Red and Basic Black Stampin' Write Markers. I'm not sure what set the sentiment is in. It says "friend to friend". All this is mounted on Whisper White cardstock. It's a really simple card but, like I said, it is one of my favorites. And I guess it's only fair to say that you will be seeing those Top Note die cuts again and again, since I still have about 50 of them! Maybe I could do a post on "30 ways to use a red top note die"!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Kimmay said...

Looks like you are having a great time! Brrrrppppttttt (raspberry inserted here!) Enjoy some for me! I left you an email, April 4 th is Castle's Prom, so none of can come! Drats! Tell Anna I have been praying for her! Y'all have a safe trip home. Bring me a shell!! Kimmay

anastasia said...

You already know I like the card, I like the vacation pics, too. Hate that the phone didn't fair better than it did. I had really high hopes for it yesterday. Call me when you get home so I can get your swap stuff to you. Oh, and did I mention that...you suck! Again, said in a very loving tone!

~Stasia