Thursday, March 5, 2009

Candles from an Italian Feast

I know -- I said I was going to be here every day. I didn't mean to lie, it just hasn't happened this week. I had a great workshop last Friday night. It was small, but I think everyone had a good time. I'll show you those cards in the next few days, but today I want to show you some candles that I made for a luncheon at church. We had an Italian Feast for a lady who is going to Italy with a missionary team start a new church in Verona. So we decorated in an Italian theme and had a pasta and salad meal.
For the candles I used the 3 leaf stamp from Pretty Petals which is retired. (That's why I have such a hard time parting with old stamps. You just never know when you will need that leaf!) I stamped those in Handsome Hunter and then used the little leaf from Itty Bitty Buds and stamped it in Perfect Plum. The ribbon was really more of a wine color, but matched the napkins. They turned out really pretty and the tables looked great. The candles sat in the middle of gold chargers with ivy around them.
At this point some of you are thinking "how did she stamp on those candles?" I didn't exactly stamp ON the candles. The stamping is done on tissue paper. Then you trim closely around the image, lay it on the candle and wrap wax paper tightly around it. Using your heat gun, you heat up the image (through the wax paper) and it melts the tissue paper into the wax on the candle. When you peel the wax paper off, the image will be on the candle! It's a WOW sort of like embossing. I never get tired of seeing the result!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Julia said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I've got to try that!! OK - you need to sell those too!!