Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Little Late -- But Who's Keeping Track?

Okay, I know I'm a little off schedule for this card, but last night I had an incident. Those of you who know me are not surprised. My life is full of "incidents"! So yesterday I subbed and had a great day. I got home and was doing some dishes and cleaning up a little before I took the kids to church for King's Kids (choir). The inside of my mouth started feeling funny on one side and then my cheek started sort of itching. I went to the bathroom to see what it looked like and my cheek was swelling up! Then I realized that my eye had been itching on the way home from school, so I took off my glasses and, sure enough, my eye was swollen on the outside edge. I was having an allergic reaction to something -- I still haven't figured out what -- so I had to take some Benadryl. It was all I could do to get home from church before I fell asleep, so I really just "lost" the whole evening! I think I slept from about 7:30 until 5:30 this morning.



So, now that I have awakened from my long winter's nap, here is the card for today! This is another from my Birthday Bash workshop in early January. (I think it looks better in person, but would probably look better in a photo rather than a scan.)

Here are the details:

Stamps: Party Hearty
Paper: Pink pirouette, Rose red, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate chip and Rose Red
Accessories: Scallop edge, non-SU scallop square, 1/2 inch circle and pink pirouette striped grosgrain ribbon

The party hats have stickles on the tops, but you can't see that in the scan. The ribbon is fed through both holes from the front and the crossed over and fed back through the opposite hole. It seems to lay a little flatter that way than if it is tied in a knot.

Well, I have to go (frantically) get one more card made for my 10 for $15 workshop for tomorrow night and then cut all 5 of them. My friend Kimmay offered to help me cut, but I'm not sure I'm even organized enough to take her up on it. Besides that, she might call the health deparment if she had to come in my house! I'm sure there are laws about children living in these conditions!! But hey, who has time to clean house when you've gotta' stamp?!?

Have a great day!

No comments: