Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Some New Ideas

Monthly Card Service

So last week I was having a conversation with a friend who said "Tomorrow is my mother-in-law's birthday, so I have to go buy her a card." That got me thinking -- do my friends realize that I sell cards?!? So here's what I'm going to do -- I'm going to offer a monthly card service. For those of you who like to give handmade cards, but either don't like to make them or simply don't have time, I will do it for you. Here's the deal:
Give me your order by the 15th of the month and I will have the cards you need before the 1st of the following month. The cost will be as follows:

Each month I will create 10 unique cards.
Unique cards -- $2.50
Duplicate cards -- $2.00
All orders will include envelopes.
For exampe, if you want 10 different cards, the cost will be $25. If you want 10 cards, but just 5 designs (2 each of 5 unique cards), the cost will be $22.50.

You can specify birthday, thinking of you, sympathy or whatever you want or need for that month. 5 of the 10 cards will be made at my monthly workshop at Noble Roman's.

Monthly Hostess Clubs

This is an idea that I've been thinking about for a while. Here's how it works: 5 people commit to being a part of a monthly group and to spending $30 per month on Stampin' Up! product. Each month, the group will get together for a short time (maybe at my house) and I will provide supplies to make a project. The project will cost a small fee (less than $5) to recover my cost. Each month, one of the members (chosen at random) will be the "hostess". That person will receive AT LEAST $15 in free merchandise and a Level 1 hostess set. Any additional orders can increase those hostess benefits.

What are the benefits, you ask? Besides receiving hostess benefits, with a small group, we will be able to use some accessories that I am not able to use in a large group setting, due to the cost. Each month the project will feature either a Designer Series Paper pack or an accessory. Some of the projects will be similar to the "table favor" gift that I give away at my monthly workshops.
Please note that the number of members does not have to be 5. More members would make the monthly $ commitment less. I also think it would be really fun to do a club focusing on scrapbooking, too. Let me know if you want to be a part of one of the clubs.

February Ribbon Share

I often hear people comment that they love Stampin' Up! ribbon, but they don't need 15 yards of one color -- go figure! So, from now until February 15, I will be taking orders for a ribbon share. I have divided all of the colors of SU 1/4" grosgrain ribbon randomly into groups of 5 colors. (White is duplicated to make it come out even.) I will purchase a spool of each color in a group and cut it into 3 yard lengths, so each participant will recieve 3 yards of each of the 5 colors in that group. The cost to participate is $6 per color grouping. That is the cost of one spool of ribbon (including shipping and tax). For $24, you can have 3 yards of every color (6 yards of white) of 1/4" grosgrain ribbon that Stampin' Up! makes!

Here are the color groupings:

Group 1: Basic Black, Apricot Appeal, Bravo Burgundy, Bashful Blue and Mellow Moss
Group 2: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Elegant Eggplant, Sage Shadow and Always Artichoke
Group 3: Very Vanilla, Real Red, Night of Navy, Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip
Group 4: Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive and Whisper White

Send me an e-mail at stephanie@thehiggins.com or leave a comment here to let me know which color groups you want to participate in. If I get 3 or more responses for any color group, I will also participate to make it work. If I don't get at least 3 responses for a color group, I may not be able to order that group.

No comments: