Monday, May 18, 2009

Dance Card


This is going to be a VERY busy week at the Higgins' house, so I wanted to quickly show you the card I made for Anna's dance teacher from the class. I loved the way it turned out, although the picture is really bad. I forgot to take a pic before we gave it to her, so I did it quickly in the waiting room at the studio and only took one. But hopefully you can get the idea. The ballet slippers are from Jolee's. I used the swirl stamp from Baroque Motif (love that stamp) and embossed it in white on the black card base. I "cuttlebugged" the top black layer with the swirly embossing folder and layered it on pirouette pink. (I thought that was appropriate for a ballet card!) Then I just stamped "Thank You" and punched it with the middle size oval punch and "hung" the ballet slippers from a black brad to tie it all together. Hope you like it!
This is the last week of school and I have to sub today for field day, which should be interesting. Tomorrow I am going to Holiday World with Anna and the 5th graders and Ian will also be there with the 8th graders. That's exciting for me because very rarely do 2 of my kids go the same place at the same time! Then Wednesday it is 5th grade "graduation" and Friday is 8th grade "graduation" (they are really just awards days) and then it will be OVER!! I'm so excited! God has a way of making me appreciate all of the kids being at home for the summer by making me so busy the last month of school that anything seems better than running around all day every day!
I'll post the summer stamping schedule in the next couple of days. Some of you have already received an e-mail, so it won't be new to you. See you all later ~ have a great day!

No comments: