Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hi Everyone! What a great day it is in Evansville -- if you're a DUCK!! Yesterday was so beautiful and I was subbing. Today I'm off and had errands to run and the rain is back, apparently for the rest of the week. I don't like to be a complainer but, well, I'm complaining!

Anyway, I just had lunch with some of my best scrapbooking friends. That's always a great way to make a dreary day brighter! Now, if only I could find time to scrapbook with them! But school will be out soon and then I might have some extra time on my hands. Here are the other cards from last month's workshop. The cards from this workshop were some of my favorite overall, as a group, from any workshop. Now, with that said, the pictures are not all that great. I know you've all heard me say it before, but I'm not a good photographer!
I love the colors on this card. The Raspberry
Tart Designer Series paper is one of my favorites. I think it is the only package of DSP that I have ever used up and I just might have to order some more! I copied the layout of this card from somewhere (in a book, I think) but changed everything else about it. Here are the supplies:

Stamp set: Paisley background and Pocket Silhouettes
Ink: Kiwi Kiss and Rose Red
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Pretty in Pink, Whisper white and Raspberry Tart DSP
Accessories: Corner rounder, Boho Blossoms punch, silver brad and dimensionals

The next card was also a copy of another layout. Of course, I have no idea where I got the layout, but just let it be said -- it's not mine!

I don't do very many sympathy cards, but for some reason that's what this one seemed like. Of course, at the workshop I had the whole sentiment set and everyone could choose what they wanted to make it.

Here are the supplies used:
Stamp set: Upsy Daisy
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery and Basic Black
Accessories: Top Note Die, slot punch, certainly celery 5/8" ribbon, scissors


The last card is one that was featured in a Stampin' Success. I used a different stamp set, but I think everything else is the same. I haven't used staples on a card for a long time. I have a friend who used to come to workshops and spend forever trying to figure out how to hide the staples because she didn't like the way they looked! But I say if it is good enough for the Stampin' Success, it's good enough for me!

Here are the supplies:
Stamps: Time Well Spent and Love You Much
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Rose Red, More Mustard, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Boho Blossoms punch, Whisper White grosgrain, crystal clear embossing powder and staples

That's all for now. If anyone wants kits, I still have a few. I will probably go ahead and make most of them into cards next week, and the flower pot cards will have blank cards in the kits for those who don't want it to be a mother's day card.

In the next couple of days I need to make a card for Anna's dance teacher, which I will post (if I remember to take a picture of it!) and I'm also going to make some West Terrace photo albums for some of the 5th grade "graduates". Well, it's time to think about starting my evening taxi service. Talk to you all later!






No comments: