Monday, May 4, 2009

The Frog and the Flower Pot


I've finally found a few minutes to share some pictures of the cards from the end of April workshop. I was really pleased with how all of the cards turned out. I did a "fun" card, which I don't usually do and I just love the flower pot card! I wish I could take credit for it, but I got the template and instructions from Splitcoast Stampers. I'm not even sure if the color combo is mine or not.
For those of you who got kits, here are the instructions for the flower pot card:
1. Fold flower pot on score lines and adhere patterned paper to front (under scalloped flap).
2. Tie ribbon around flower pot. This is the only thing holding the "pot" together.
3. Layer the circle on the flower and put that on the scallop circle.
4. Arrange all three flowers and attach to the top of the ivory rectangle. Make sure when you assemble the flowers that you do not make it more than 5 1/2 inches tall or 4 1/4 inches wide. That way it will fit inside a regular envelope.

I love my frog card! I bought this set, which is retired, at the Schmitt Photo rummage sale. I don't usually buy "cute" or "fun" stamps, so I thought I would branch out a little. The frog is stamped with Stazon on Shimmery White cardstock. Everything that is colored is done using ink and a blender pen. The colors are Gable Green and Green Galore.

Tomorrow is a teaching day, so I will try to get the other three posted Thursday. I do still have some kits left if anyone wants them -- 10 card kits for $20, stamped and ready to assemble.

Have a great day!

No comments: